"The teaching at Rochester is rigorous and tailored to the best possible exam results. It offers a broad education combining its original focus on getting into competitive courses such as medicine and dentistry with a new emphasis on the creative arts." The Independent
A level Results 2016
Approximately two thirds of RIC A level students received A* to B grades, securing places at top Russell Group universities. Their achievements are all the more impressive as more than 70% achieved the grades in only one year.
• Average class size is 8
• Day students from the age of 11 and boarders from 15+
• 35 minutes by train from London
• Consistently ranked as a Top UK Co-Educational Boarding School and a Top UK Sixth Form College
• Mathematics, Science, English and Film teaching have won awards from The Good Schools Guide who also say: “It would be hard to find a better provision for an artist.”
• 305 students. 90 on campus supervised boarding places in single rooms, some en suite
• No uniform
• Non selective entry. No subject combination restrictions
• The top 5 university destinations over the last 5 years are Exeter, Sheffield, Nottingham, Cambridge and Reading.
• Oxbridge offers are received each year, this year for subjects including Medicine and Physics.
• Students placed at top Art and Film schools such as Central Saint Martins, London College of Fashion and UCL's The Slade.
• RIC specialises in A level and GCSE retake and intensive one year courses.
• Over 100 students join us each year directly into the second year of our sixth form.
• All six of the A level retake students in 2015 who applied for Medicine won places at universities including Bristol and Exeter.
• RIC’s exam results regularly exceed those of more highly selective private schools. We believe that our small teaching groups, regular testing and structured tutorial support are responsible for this.
"The quality of education is outstanding" Ofsted